rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Monday, February 22, 2010

so this blog is going to have 3 parts to it. sorry for the lengthy-ness...no one probably reads this anyway.

part 1: it's amazing how you can almost feel the emotions of the people you are close to. when those that i love and care about are going through rough times, my heart hurts for them. it sounds weird, but i can almost feel something physical in a way that is telling me there is sorrow in their hearts. when my brother had to endure losing game 1 @ nationals in a shoot out the first time, i cried even though i wasnt there...and the second time when i was there, my heart almost broke for him. when my sister gets hurt from things people say to her or the mean things that people do, i can feel the ache in my heart along with her. when my friends have something going on in their lives, i can almost feel it too. idk, maybe that's why God called me to be a social worker, because i have empathy for people. but sometimes, i think its more than empathy. i dont really know. all i know is that there are people back home struggling with things, as well as my friends here who are going through some tough times. it's all a lot to handle. im very very thankful that life seems to be going pretty well for me right now. i mean, it's amazing. i can't complain. it's just hard when there is so much going on with everyone else and i can feel it too. def the times when i turn to prayer. i think i've prayed more in these last few days that i have all last week. it's probably God's plan all along....to get me to spend more time with Him. so for those of you reading this (if ur reading it ur probably the ppl i'm talking about anyways)..just know i'm praying for you. a lot.

part 2: today at oxford house was SO good. i spoke with my supervisor about a number of things. 1st, i talked to him about the individual tenants and going to each one and gathering information and spending time each office. he really wants me to do that, which would mean i would get loads of different experience. each tenant does something different. and its something that really interests me, so im pretty pumped. ALSO! i talked to him about the week that mom is coming and he was soooo great about it... he was willing to give me the whole week off, but that's kind of illegal (with UK visa laws and everything) so he just gave me wednesday and thursday off...and said show up whenever on monday haha... i love my supervisor! he's such a cool guy. so laid back, but knows how to get things done.

part 3: well i cant exactly remember what part three was...i'll just make it randomness. so i really really wanna get this fur hat that i saw a girl wearing at the bus stop the other night. she said she got it at h&m, but i went there and they didnt have any!!! im gonna try and go to covent gardens sometime this week, and maybe i'll find it there?!?! i hope so :) ... and i keep forgetting to get postcards!!!! i n-e-e-d to get those. and i need to get a birthday card for aubrey (my cousin). her birthday was like 1 week ago, and the card will take at least 2 weeks to get there, but still. i really wanna send her something. it's the thought that counts right? haha. so im soooo obsessed with the band He Is We. i cannot get enough of their songs. i only have three on my ipod and i've listened to them over and over the past few days. their play count is a lil ridiculous haha.

i think thats good for now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment